Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Field Experience--A Learning Experience

Internships are a huge part of the learning experience at James Madison College. My field experience working on a U.S. House of Representatives race has been an amazing extracurricular opportunity for me. There are multiple Madison students whom I work with everyday outside the classroom and the learning experience is like nothing else. 

The ability to apply the skills I’ve gained during my time at the college hasallowed me to expand my horizons while learning how to operate on a daily basis in a professional environment. The field experience office- especially Max Olivero, the field experience director- have made the opportunity as smooth and optimal as possible. 
In conjunction with my faculty advisor for my MC401 research I have been able to garner new skills and knowledge in both the professional field and through writing and reading for my research. The faculty advisors I have had made my dual role as a student and intern an exciting one and a formative one. 
The ability for me to choose a field of research I am very interested in has sparked my passion to write the thesis and the internship is in a field that has inspired me to expand my reach. I now have a fairly solid idea of what I would like to do after graduation and my field experience has helped shape and form this idea. It is a unique facet of my James Madison education, and one I will cherish long after it is finished.

Jeremy
Senior
PTCD

No comments:

Post a Comment