Monday, October 27, 2014

Quidditch at MSU!

     One of my favorite organizations that I am in is the Michigan State University Spartan Quidditch club. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “From Harry Potter?” “Do you use brooms?” “Do you really fly?” and “That’s for nerds.” To answer your questions and to agree with your statement: Yes. Yes. Have you heard of brooms that can actually fly? I think not. And yes I am somewhat of a nerd, but don’t we all have a little bit of nerdiness within ourselves? Let me tell you a little bit more about the club. It is a full contact co-ed sport, with three different types of balls, a quaffle, three bludgers, and a snitch. The club itself has two entities; the first one is the club itself, where people get together, hangout and bond. The second part is the travel team. The travel team goes to tournaments all across the Midwest and the nation. By doing this I have gotten the opportunity to have great bonding experiences with my teammates and meet great people that attend other universities across the nation.
      
MSU Quidditch Team
      This club takes up a good amount of my free time, but that is only because I love it so much, and I allow it to. This club has helped me establish a lot of close friends; I never knew I was capable of having. Since I am from Memphis, Tennessee I did not know a single person at Michigan State, let alone, in the state of Michigan, aside from some friend’s grandmas that I had never met. Because of this, my first week of school was a little rough. But luckily I got involved with this club. The members of this club have become what I call my, “Michigan State Family.” I call them that because we have been through thick and thin, and I know they will always be there for me when I need them. So, if you’re an out of state student, or even in state, worried about making friends when you get here, my advice to you is to be active and get involved, because it is really easy to a Michigan State Family of your own.

Brandon
Sophomore
CCP & Film Studies

No comments:

Post a Comment