Monday, October 20, 2014

Too many extracurriculars to choose!

       Since starting my Spartan journey I have been involved with many things including MSU Model United Nations, MSU Association of Future Alumni, and Associated Students of MSU which is our campus-wide student government organization. The extracurricular activities I’ve been consistently involved with this year are MSU Cru, JMC Ambassadors, and more recently my sorority Pi Beta Phi. 

      MSU Cru is a student-led Christian organization on campus that can also be found at universities across the nation. I attend one of their events at least once a week and I am able to meet a variety of people who have similar values and beliefs so it is enjoyable.

        I would also call James Madison College Ambassadors an extracurricular activity. Being a JMC ambassador is a reminder where I came from and how admirable the JMC program is. Being able to share my enthusiasm for JMC is an honor of mine. I think being an ambassador will be one of the most meaningful and memorable experiences I will have while being at MSU because of the friendships I made and the things I learned from the faculty and peers. 
        
         Last year, I wasn’t as involved with my sorority because of school work and then studying abroad, but the second I stepped foot into my sorority house this year I have been challenged, supported, and loved in ways I did not expect. It has been evident to myself that I am developing as a person while living in the house with such a variety of colleagues, or as we call them ‘sisters’.  What attracted me the most about Greek life is the philanthropy and the professional/personal development aspect. Something my sorority does annually that you and your friends can look out for is the spaghetti dinner which is a charity event where people can buy a meal and the proceeds go to our philanthropy, which is focused on literacy in children and there is an organization called Read>Lead> Achieve that is partnered with our sorority to promoting literacy and helping people realize illiteracy is problem.

       I've been involved with a lot of extracurricular activities here at MSU.  If you have any questions, feel free to comment below! 


Monica
Junior
IR & Media Information Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment